The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased and evidence-based information regarding the use of marijuana and other cannabinoids for the treatment of medical conditions. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Recall the history of therapeutic cannabis use.
2. Outline the function of the endocannabinoid system.
3. Analyze the pharmacology of exogenous cannabinoids in clinical or experimental use.
4. Discuss potential side effects and areas of safety concern when medicinal cannabis and other cannabinoids are used.
5. Describe the well-confirmed and less-confirmed indications of therapeutic cannabinoid use.
6. Identify primary indications, side effects, chronic effects, and contraindications to therapeutic cannabinoid use.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.